What can we expect from the new Ford Mustang Fastback?
Published on by New Car Bundle
- America's car - the Ford Mustang to be available Worldwide by 2015
- More than 9 million Mustangs have been sold since the launch of this iconic fastback in 1964
- Appearances in Hollywood blockbusters such as Bullit (1968, Steve McQueen), Gone in Sixy Seconds (2000, Nicolas Cage) and War of the Worlds (2005, Tom Cruise)
Today we take a look at the new Ford Mustang unveiled on this iconic vehicles 50th anniversary. This new take on the iconic sports classic will be available in the U.S by Q3 2014, although the rest of Europe and Asia will have to wait until 2015 for a Global launch.
Both a fastback and convertible model of the classic “pony car“ will be available from launch, so whether you'd prefer a coupe or a convertible, Ford have it covered.
The new car looks back at the old for inspiration keeping the long hood and sloping fastback as well as the trapezoid-shaped grille with the Mustang logo from the original vehicle.
This will be the first Mustang to have been engineered specifically to hit international safety and emission standards and will be heavily marketed by Ford in Europe and beyond, with a right-hand-drive version being made available in the U.K.
The Mustangs interior takes inspiration from cockpit designs to give a dynamic driving experience with both analogue dials and digital feedback to please drivers of all types.
The U.S version is likely to be a 5.0L V8 muscle car that will certainly pack a punch. That said, for the European version, the acclaimed EcoBoost engine has been brought to the Ford Mustang offering both performance and efficiency in the form of a 2.3L EcoBoost.
With fully independent suspension, the U.K Mustang is set to make for an exhilarating drive with fantastic handling making it just as much fun as the U.S version.
Mustangs in the movies
There's no wonder that such an iconic car has featured in so many movies. Take a look at the following infographic to see some of the most popular appearances of the Mustang in movies such as:
- Bullit (Steve McQueen) - 1968 GT390 Fastback
- The Last American Hero (Jeff Bridges) - 1968 Mustang Fastback
- Gone in Sixty Seconds (Nicolas Cage) - 1967 Shelby GT500 “Eleanor”
- War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise) - 1966 Shelby GT350H
- I am Legend (Will Smith) - 2007 Shelby GT500
We still a while to wait until the new Ford Mustang hits the shores of the UK in 2015, but in our opinion it will certainly be worth it - we'll be adding our names to the waiting list! Look out for a #Ford Mustang deal with New Car Bundle closer to launch date.
Tags: Ford Mustang, Ford, New Cars
About the author
New Car Bundle is an exciting new service, focussed on taking the hassle out of buying your next new car.